A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wal-Mart song

A couple of weeks ago, the memories of going to a $2 Tuesday A's game, and passing by one of Oakland's Wal-Mart branches prompted me to compose this song. No, it will not be performed ... at least by me!

Take me out to the Wal-Mart
Take me to the big store

Buy me some Chinese-made plastic stuff
I don't care 'bout workers making enough

So it's ruin-ruin-ruin my home town
I know that's part of the plan...

'Cause it's 1-2-3 Billion More
for the Wal-ton clan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home