A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Our first Alameda Meetup for John Edwards

Last night we had our first meetup to support the candidacy of John Edwards for President. It was, I felt, a good succes!

I had some requests for links to some of the videos we showed there and information I had provided. I thought I would put it up on the blog here.

Who would make the best President? - a comparision writeup I was passing out. This is a must-read.

John Edwards website - a good resource for position papers, and so forth.

Speech at California Democratic Convention - we showed this stump speech from a few months ago; it's the speech I saw that pulled me "off the fence" to become an Edwards supporter. It really shows his conviction and leadership, as well as specifics.

Edwards vs. Clinton on lobbyists - A segment of a debate in which Edwards and Clinton spar on whether it's appropriate to court lobbyists.

Hair - a commercial taking on the whole "haircut" controversy

Meet John Edwards - a general campaign video introduction

A chat with John and Elizabeth Edwards

If you are supporting or leaning towards Edwards — the most progressive and the most electable of the Democrats, I hope that you will engage your neighbors in conversation about the candidates, come to the next meetups in Alameda (our next is October 24th), and if you can, make a small contribution to the campaign by clicking the "contribute" button at the John Edwards website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home