has put up a list 10 Simple Switches You Can Make Right Now
. I wanted to pass this on, adding a local angle where I can.
- From Wal-Mart to Costco. (Costco is just off of Davis Street, though I hear the merchandise at the Richmod Costco is better quality.)
- From Amazon.com to Powell's (no local version of that, but it's a great store to go to if you're ever in Portland. Of course, you could always go to Books, Inc. on Park street.
- From Budweiser to Fat Tire (pretty easy to find around town)
- From McDonald's to Subway (N.B. the
South Shore Towne Centre one is gone)
- From Marriott to Hyatt
- From Dell to Apple or Gateway (Could I add "from PC to Mac here?) :-)
- From Blockbuster to Netflix (or a local business like Video Maniacs)
- From Guess? to J.Crew
- From Curves to Bally Total Fitness (Alas, closest Bally is in San Leandro. I don't want to send anybody driving to San Leandro — you could bike there, and then you wouldn't need to go in because the bike ride would be your workout!)
- From Hershey's to Lindt's (Good. I can eat twice as much chocolate with half the guilt!)