A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

This post isn't very political, though it's environmentally friendly:

I try not to print things very often, but when I do, I use the back of already-printed-upon paper if at all possible.

At the delegate election meeting this last weekend, somebody asked me if there was a recycle bin around to collect all of the campaign literature that people had put out. I didn't see one, so I quickly grabbed a marking pen, wrote "Recycle/Reuse Paper Here" on a manila folder I had brought, and started a pile on top.

By the time I left, I had a big stack of brightly colored paper to take home and feed to the printer, give to the kids to do art projects, etc.

Only a few of the sheets were white paper, alas.

Does anybody know of any sources for good condition, printed-on-one-side office paper? Maybe somebody who works in an office where they waste a lot of paper, and they'd like to see it go to better use than the recycle bin or trash? (Obviously, it would need to be non-confidential material!)

If so, I'll be happy to take a ream or five of it! Please drop me a line (dan followed by the current year at karelia dot-com).

... And now we return you back to the usual left-handed lib-rul musings ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home