A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Bernie Sanders, Independent, Addresses California Democrats

[Note: I hadn't updated this blog in a while, but I found this in my Drafts folder. Considering how far Bernie has come since this, I thought it would be interesting to go ahead and publish this....]

This was the first year in a while when I haven't been a delegate to the California Democratic Convention. I'm actually kind of relieved that I didn't go this year, between my workload and my growing unease with the two-party system.

So I found it ironic that the big speech event of last weekend's convention was when Bernie Sanders, an "independent," rocked the convention with his speech. It's worthwhile to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home