A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Slate of Nine formed for CA Democratic Party delegates

I mentioned recently that I am running for another term as delegate to the California Democratic Party. The election is being held this Saturday afternoon, January 10, on the second-floor Meeting Room "A" of the Alameda Hospital.

If you are a registered Democrat, and you are interested in seeing our area represented by good progressive citizens to strengthen our state's Democratic Party, I ask for you to swing by the Alameda Hospital on Saturday and cast your ballot.

I am running as part of a diverse and active slate of nine men and women. I ask that you cast a ballot for all of us. Here is this list. Women: Frieda Edgette, Alice Fried, Tara Marchant, Sumi Paranjape. Men: Mark Briggs, Abel Guillen, Wayne Nishioka, Chris Urkofsky, Dan Wood. Please bring this list with you.

Date: This Saturday, January 10. Times: Registration is from Noon to 2 PM. You can register and vote and leave if you want, or you can stay from 2-3 PM when the candidates will each give a brief speech to introduce themselves; votes are then collected and tallied about about 3 PM.

(Unfortunately, there is no other way to vote in this, you have to be there in person before 2 PM.)

Note: There is an annoying "poll tax" of $5 (goes to fundraising activities in the Democratic Party) per person to vote -- however, nobody will be turned away for lack of funds, so consider it optional.

I hope that some of my many Democratic readers out there in Alameda can come and help support me. For more information about my candidacy, please see my previous post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home