A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wilma Chan's Campaign is Push-Polling?

I didn't take the call, but I was in the room when a "poll" phone-call came in this evening. Unlike a real poll, like the Gallup poll I participated in just a few days ago, this was almost certainly a push poll, and it was intended to make the recipient of the call have doubts about Loni Hancock and be more likely to vote for Wilma Chan.

I have had more than enough respect for Ms. Chan and her campaign up to this point, but I've just lost a huge amount of respect for them at this point. While not illegal (here at least), it's dirty.

I'm curious to hear if anybody else has taken this kind of call. I hope to bring up this issue at the Democratic Club meeting tonight, to give the campaigns a chance to embrace or disavow this technique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home