A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Monday, October 16, 2006

CONFIRMED: City Council Candidates Matarrese, Tam in Developer's Pockets

There have been accusations flying all over that certain candidates for Alameda City Council are in the pockets of developers. Well, I can now confirm that Frank Matarrese and Lena Tam are.

The developer who is supporting them?

Me.

Yes, it's time I come clean. Rather than being "outed" after the next campaign reporting cycle, I decided that I would do some damage control and confess now, so I can maintain my dignity.

Yes, I am a developer, and I support Tam and Matarrese for City Council. I have been a developer since approximately 1985, back when I was in college, when I first joined Apple's developer program. I have worked for many software companies since then, but I have always been a developer during that time. The company that I co-own is currently a member of the Apple Developer Connection. Of course, I have never been a part of Microsoft's developer program (video).



So there you have it. I'm a developer, and I support Frank and Lena in their race for city council. I'm not sure what I will do to take advantage of my status as a developer once they are elected and begin a pro-developer reign on the council. Perhaps I could have them pass a resolution requiring that the City purchase a copy of my software to put on all of their desktop PCs. Even if my software doesn't run on Wndows PCs! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home