A Progressive Alamedan

Various writings from a resident of Alameda regarding the political scene. The local perspective of local, state and national politics and a few other odds and ends of local concern. May not be particularly interesting to people outside of the Alameda area.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Robo-Call Season Starts



I used to find grim amusement in noticing how early the first store in town started putting up decorations. I still remember walking by a stationery store that had put up yuletide window dressing near the last days of Summer....

Today, I decided to note that the robo-calls have started. Yes, I got a call from Barbara Boxer urging me to vote for Phil Angelides. Don't worry, I will ... but when will the politicians notice that when scientifically tested, robo-calls have zero efficacy in election results? Maybe Phil's campaign was banking on this being so early that people would notice. I suppose it did, at least for me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home